After almost 2 years of closure due to the pandemic, Balabac has already reopened to local and foreign guests. It has been a long wait since our last Balabac group tour on March 12, 2020. This February 2022, we’re opening Group/Joiner Tours and Private Tours to visitors who are fully vaccinated. Continue reading to check the Balabac travel requirement you need to provide to be eligible to visit us.
Balabac Travel Requirement for Local Tourists
Domestic travelers can enter Balabac as long as the following requirement are provied:
- Approved Travel Coordination Permit obtained via S-pass.
- Fully vaccinated with proof from Vaxcert and/or LGU-issued Vaccine ID
- Return tickets
- Valid ID
Currently, antigen is not required to enter Balabac but this may change depending on the policy on your time of travel.
Travel Coordination Permit Process via S-pass
To obtain an Approved S-pass, please do the following steps at least a week before your scheduled trip.
- Create an account or log-in to https://s-pass.ph.
- On your dashboard, click “Apply Permit”
- Fill up the origin and destination (Palawan-Balabac)
- Scroll to the bottom and click “Apply for Travel Coordination Permit (TCP)”
- Fill up the fields required and click “Proceed”
- Indicate in the destination barangay: “Balabac Poblacion“
- On the Permit Application Attachments page, upload the following
a. Identification: Any valid government ID
b. RT-PCR Test Result or Equivalent: Certificate of Vaccine from Vaxcert or your LGU-issued vaccine ID
c. Other documents: Return tickets
- Wait for your TCP to be approved by checking your s-pass dashboard. It usually takes 1-2 days to be approved.
Balabac Travel Requirement for International Tourists
Foreign nationals coming from visa-free countries are eligible to enter Philippines, as well as those with valid visa, provided they comply to the following requirement set by IATF Resolution 160-B:
- Fully vaccinated with acceptable proof of vaccination from:
a. World Health Organization International Certificate of Vaccination and Prophylaxis; OR
b. VaxCertPH; OR
c. National or state digital certificate of the country/foreign governmentwhich has accepted VaxCertPH under a reciprocal arrangement; OR
d. Other proofs of vaccination permitted by the IATF.
- Present a negative RT-PCR test taken within forty-eight (48) hours prior to the date and time of departure from the country of origin/first port of embarkation in a continuous travel to the Philippines, excluding lay-overs; provided, that, he/she has not left the airport premises or has not been admitted into another country during such lay-over;
- Have valid tickets for their return journey to the port of origin or next port of destination not later than thirty (30) days from date of arrival in the Philippines;
- Have passports valid for a period of at least six (6) months at the time of their arrival to the Philippines; AND
- Obtain, prior to arrival, a travel insurance for COVID-19 treatment costs from reputed insurers, with a minimum coverage of USD 35,000.00 for the duration of their stay in the Philippines.
- (BALABAC specific requirement) Travel Coordination Permit obtained via S-pass.
Note that these requirement may change depending on the policy on your travel dates. Please keep up to date by following our Facebook Page and Instagram accounts.